My Gallery

Your online photo album


Exterior Pictures


1925View.jpg

60 files, last one added on Mar 29, 2012
Album viewed 594 times

PointLookout



0 files
Album viewed 0 times

Bell Tower


FogBellTower2.jpg

5 files, last one added on Oct 16, 2010
Album viewed 296 times

Interior Pictures


Basement1.jpg

16 files, last one added on Jan 05, 2009
Album viewed 511 times

4 albums on 1 page(s)

Random files - General Lighthouse Pictures
ladder.jpg
769 viewsAfter climbing the spiral stairs, you reach a landing which contains this ladder. At the top of the ladder is a hatch which you push open and climb into the Lighthouse Tower. Point Lookout Lighthouse is an integral lighthouse, meaning that the tower is attached to the roof of the lighthouse, as opposed to having a seperate structure.
CGHO-008.jpg
Aerial View, pre-1927 remodel667 viewsAerial view of the lighthouse, from the south. The front of the picture says "Filed June 28, 1928". However, close inspection of the lighthouse reveals that this picture was taken PRIOR to the remodel in 1927; the summer kitchen/bedroom wing on the Potomac side of the house is visible.
Basement1.jpg
724 viewsSouth Side Basement, middle room.
Fromroad.jpg
Lighthouse View from the Road- Open House 1998598 viewsThis picture was taken on Novermber 7th, 1998 from the road looking back at the lighthouse. Notice the beautiful sky and the puffy white clouds.
Clipping.jpg
Aerial View of Point Lookout600 viewsThis is an 8x10 photo, purchased from Weeks Photos; the picture was originally taken for the newspaper.
AnnDavisHallway.jpg
729 viewsA visitor to the Lighthouse reported seeing a woman dressed in a long blue dress at this location (the top of the stairs). The visitor had the impression this was Ann Davis, the first female lighthousekeeper who was alone here for thirty years. One of Hans Holzer's investigators stated that a woman haunted these stairs and this woman had often thought about throwing herself down the staircase. (Note: this staircase did not exist during the time that Ann Davis lived in the lighthouse; the staircase was added as part of the 1927 remodel).
lh3.jpg
469 views
fusebox.jpg
796 viewsThis picture shows the fuse box located in the basement. The fuses blew frequently and Laura had to go to the basement in complete darkness to change the fuses. This is the only room where she did not feel comfortable entering; unfortunately she had to go to the basement all the time to replace blown fuses. Point Lookout State Park personnel used the basement for storage. The fusebox wall contains two windows that look out to the Chesapeake Bay (the windows are located underneath the porch). To the right of the blue fusebox, you can see a portion of the original brick wall exposed by the crumbling cement; the original walls were covered by cement during a previous renovation.


Last additions - General Lighthouse Pictures
1925View.jpg
Exterior of Lighthouse, Looking South566 viewsThis photograph is a rare find and shows the lighthouse in 1927, just 2 years before the 1927 remodel. The photos are part of a larger photo album documenting a 1925 trip to southern Maryland by Julia Dent Best and Alfred Sellman Best. Julia Best was a 1919 graduate of what was then called St. Mary's Female Seminary. The album was donated to St. Mary’s College of Maryland Archives by Julia Best's great-niece, Virginia Arndt, of Solomons.Mar 29, 2012
BellTower1925.jpg
View of the Coal and Buoy Sheds from the Lighthouse Roof561 viewsLooking south from the roof of the lighthouse, c. 1925. Note the fog bell tower in the center of the picture(attached to coal shed). The photos are part of a larger photo album documenting a 1925 trip to southern Maryland by Julia Dent Best and Alfred Sellman Best. Julia Best was a 1919 graduate of what was then called St. Mary's Female Seminary. The album was donated to St. Mary’s College of Maryland Archives by Julia Best's great-niece, Virginia Arndt, of Solomons.Mar 29, 2012
FogBellTower2.jpg
Fog Bell Tower at CBMM502 viewsAnother view of the fog bell tower. Note that the fourth side of the lighthouse has been refinished with wood planking since the structure used to be attached to the coal shed at the Point Lookout Lighthouse Complex. The bell was cast in 1857 by the Meneely Company in New York. Fun fact: the lumber was pre-cut and installed on site, each piece is numbered to allow for simple construction onsite.Oct 16, 2010
FogBellTowerBell.jpg
Fog Bell Tower at CBMM488 viewsA close-up of the fog bell tower and cat walk. The view from above was spectacular.Oct 16, 2010
FogBellTower.jpg
Fog Bell Tower at CBMM481 viewsThis is the fog bell tower as it stands at CBMM in St Michaels, Maryland. The Point Lookout Lighthouse Preservation Society (PLLPS), Inc. is working to return this wonderful piece of history to Point Lookout. (See www.PLLPS.org for the latest info). As of 2010, the fog bell tower is owned by the Navy and on loan to CBMM. Oct 16, 2010
doublerainbow.jpg
Rainbow- Take 2462 viewsAnother view of the rainbow over the lighthouse.Oct 16, 2010
rainbow2.jpg
Rainbow413 viewsAfter visiting the lighthouse to get the power restored, a light rain began to fall which led to this double rainbow that appears to end at the lighthouse!Oct 16, 2010
roughwaves.jpg
Sandbar South of Lighthouse426 viewsA view of the sandbar to the south of the lighthouse, as a front approaches. The treacherous currents have caused the loss of a lot of lives.Oct 16, 2010