My Gallery

Your online photo album


Last additions - General Lighthouse Pictures
CGHO-006-wharfmen.jpg
Men on the Point Lookout Wharf752 viewsCloseup view of the men on the wharf. The timeframe of this picture and the men's identity is unknown.
Feb 16, 2008
CGHO-005.jpg
766 viewsView from the wharf, looking east to the lighthouse. Notice the sign in the middle left of the image. The picture has various captions on the back including Filed May 7, 1928; taken Feb. 1928 W.J. Taylor; "LOOKING EAST".
The back of the picture also has a date of 2-1-52 Point Lookout MD. Depot Photographer Carter (SN) U.S. Coast Guard Air Station Elizabeth City, N.C.

Feb 16, 2008
CGHO-005casino.jpg
View from Potomac River Wharf773 viewsView from the wharf, looking east to the lighthouse. Notice the sign in the middle left of the image- it says "Handsome casino to be built here".
Feb 16, 2008
CGHO-003.jpg
Lighthouse Complex from Point Lookout Sandbar799 viewsFrom the sandbar on the Chesapeake Bay side, looking north toward the sheds and lighthouse.
Feb 16, 2008
CGHO-002.jpg
Lighthouse Complex750 viewsView of the lighthouse complex from the Potomac River side wharf.Feb 16, 2008
CGHO-001.jpg
Lighthouse Complex from the Wharf742 viewsLooking east toward the lighthouse and sheds. This picture is most likely from the 1940's or 1950's.
Feb 16, 2008
CGHO-001-people.jpg
Buoy Repair Shed- Closeup741 viewsLooking east toward the lighthouse and sheds. This picture is most likely from the 1940's or 1950's. This is a closeup view of the (unknown) people on the wharf.
Feb 16, 2008
BuoyTrack1950s.jpg
Buoy Tracks 1950s863 viewsA view of the lighthouse, buoy repair shed and coal shed from the 1950s. The tracks on the wharf were used to transport buoys from ships to the repair shed and back.Feb 04, 2008
buoys1885.jpg
Point Lookout Lighthouse from the end of the Buoy Tracks862 viewsA lone buoy sits on the wharf. To the left of the lighthouse is the original fog bell, which was made ineffective by the adjacent buoy repair and coal sheds, and would later be replaced by a tower at the end of the coal shed.Feb 04, 2008
     
81 files on 7 page(s) 7