My Gallery

Your online photo album

Top rated
lh1.jpg
643 views55555
(2 votes)
FirePumpRH.jpg
Fire Pump709 viewsThe Fire Pump House for the Point Lookout station. The pump was driven by gasoline and could supply water in the event of a fire.
55555
(2 votes)
jetty.jpg
View from a Jetty665 viewsThere is one jetty in the fishing area which remains as of 1999 on the Chesapeake Bay side. This is a great view of the Lighthouse. Photographs taken by psychic investigators revealed the figure of a man sitting near this jetty; the apparition was visible to the human eye. This area is where the prison hospital was located.

55555
(2 votes)
WilliamYeatmanGraveMarker.jpg
William Yeatman's Grave Marker844 viewsWilliam Yeatman's Grave Marker. William and his wife Anna Maria Yeatman are buried about 8 miles north of the lighthouse. Photo courtesy of Kathy Handiboe.

55555
(2 votes)
WoodChildrenLivingRoom.jpg
Wood Children Living Room677 viewsIn the north side living room, pictured in back, left to right: Janet Wood and the daughter of State Trooper Whiteman; front row, left to right: William Wood, Dane Whiteman, Jr., and Ronald Wood.
55555
(2 votes)
WolfTrap9CK.jpg
688 views55555
(2 votes)
CGHO-008-house.jpg
Aerial View (closeup), pre-1927 remodel751 viewsAerial view closeup of the lighthouse, from the south. However, close inspection of the lighthouse reveals that this picture was taken PRIOR to the remodel in 1927; the summer kitchen/bedroom wing on the Potomac side of the house is visible. Also notice the two chimneys on opposite ends of what is the present day first floor living rooms. A building exists in the upper right hand corner of the picture.
55555
(2 votes)
1925View.jpg
Exterior of Lighthouse, Looking South661 viewsThis photograph is a rare find and shows the lighthouse in 1927, just 2 years before the 1927 remodel. The photos are part of a larger photo album documenting a 1925 trip to southern Maryland by Julia Dent Best and Alfred Sellman Best. Julia Best was a 1919 graduate of what was then called St. Mary's Female Seminary. The album was donated to St. Mary’s College of Maryland Archives by Julia Best's great-niece, Virginia Arndt, of Solomons.55555
(1 votes)
BellTower1925.jpg
View of the Coal and Buoy Sheds from the Lighthouse Roof661 viewsLooking south from the roof of the lighthouse, c. 1925. Note the fog bell tower in the center of the picture(attached to coal shed). The photos are part of a larger photo album documenting a 1925 trip to southern Maryland by Julia Dent Best and Alfred Sellman Best. Julia Best was a 1919 graduate of what was then called St. Mary's Female Seminary. The album was donated to St. Mary’s College of Maryland Archives by Julia Best's great-niece, Virginia Arndt, of Solomons.55555
(1 votes)
Basement1.jpg
811 viewsSouth Side Basement, middle room.55555
(1 votes)
lh3.jpg
542 views55555
(1 votes)
ThomasJacobsonFamily2.jpg
771 views55555
(1 votes)
388 files on 33 page(s) 1